Sunday, 29 March 2009

Mag du jour



On the other side of the water, there appears to have been an equally interesting mag launch: Dujour mag also focuses on new emerging design talent. It's all quite cutesy in its handwriting and quirky in its camapign... this made me chuckle:


but anyway, to the point - much cutesier and quirky in its branding compared with 'lurve' but that isn't a bad thing. Available digitally and ye olde paper format with three lush covers to choose from - it boasts it is America's first independent magazine that is available internationally.... and the added bonus of being eco-friendly. how? because primarily... they work on a digital distribution basis but do not limit themselves there. They have a print-on-demand service, so if you fancy a print copy of the mag - one will be posted out to you fresh out the printer. that is quite a clever idea... i like it! eco-friendly indeed, they definitely sway you more to the digital edition option with a rather hefty price tag of $35 for the print copy versus $9.99 for an annual digital subscription. (granted it is "print on demand" and a bi-monthly - so i see why the price is steep). if only i had some pennies in the bank - i'd love to see more.

http://twitter.com/DujourMag
http://dujourmag.com/

2 comments:

Jojo said...

Hey thanks for posting this..I knew there was a new mag launching but wanted to find out more...and I like what I see...

http://josclothes.blogspot.com/

HMcK said...

What are gorgeous mag! I love anything that blends fashion and art, I was recently at the Hussein Chalayan exhibition at the Design Museum and it was stunning...