Saturday, 13 February 2010

Doo. Ri A/W 2010

New York shows are under full swing and all anyone was tweeting about last night was Doo-Ri Chung's show and the Rag & Bone show. So, naturally I had to follow suit and see what all the fuss was about this morning!

Poor Chung got a bit of a slaughtering as the style.com/Vogue critique put it: 'the show lacked focus'... but have to somewhat agree!

As much as the tailoring and draping is beautiful, I was a bit bored until the final half.

She opened the show with jil sander-esque tailoring in plenty of navy and black hues and an obvious juxtaposition of draping and tailored pieces...

but what caught my attention was the embellishment on this evening look... very torn as to whether its a beautifully executed piece or questionnably ... 'jane norman'!?

But what I really actually loved about the show was the introduction of greys and tans with a punch of orange - complimented by the range of textures from suede to silk (to fur)... my favourite? the grey twisted dress - i think it's silk but it looks like a heavier texture from the pics. lush.

No comments: