who would've thought me, miss. lee, would ever take a (re)liking to denim. I barely wear denim as it is and only just wearing it again here and there in legging format. Even then, it's rare and only on very very casual occasions.
however moving onto a denim and casual bottoms department... and researching more into forthcoming associated trends and understanding more of the technicalities behind it - i am increasingly enthused by the area and yes, im starting to love ... wait for it. acid wash. i know, like you would have ever imagined me to say that. but, an acid wash jumpsuit for s/s 09 - trust me - it looks fierce and in high demand by press.
so on my browse while i'm nursing this fever away...... i stumble across two really exciting directional denim pieces (notice that it isn't just the high end delving into more exciting, adventrous washes and details on denim - notice that topshop are now branching into more sophisticated, edgier, directional brands such as sass & bide.. - the bleach wash jumpsuit!!! this can be found at topshop oxford circus)
Yes I love all things Marjan Pejoski and so I reveal more Kokon to Zai to inspire:
£194 at farfetch.com - it has sold out.The distressed green adds a really nice worn wash with overszied pockets and elasticated cuffs to add volume and interest. mm.. just so interesting and fabulous.
My next feature is the 'pleat jean'. To me, it is slightly similar to our peg leg jeans that will be coming in jan/feb and also in very high demand by press. This one by Kokon to Zai is more structured with pleats at the front and a high waist. A cropped, tapered leg is uber sexy. Zips running up the back legs can be worn open to add volume or fastened for a more fitted look. I love that versatility.
I highly recommend going on the site and getting a closer look.£146 at farfetch.com
3 comments:
Have u seen the Lanvin collaboration with acne? there is the cutest jump suit in that collection!! update ur blog pls miss lee!!! x
Not crazy about the leggings there, but I love the jacket. It looks a bit cropped? I like the green wash a lot more than a bleached wash look. Nice post!
x. mavi
Not a fan of the denim, it is possibly the most annoying form of clothing girls could ever wear! If you want to wear denim which is flattering, then it involves no moving the whole time you are wearing them!
Even so, it always looks amazing on others :)
Nicky
FASHBASHSOUNDCLASH.blogspot.com
Post a Comment