Friday, 5 December 2008

the buyer's assitant's update....

I have been at the company for nearly 4 months now. The first 3 months were overwhelming and I was inundated with work and responsibility. I'm feeling more under control now and absolutely loving what I do ... I have reached my goal starting on the career ladder of buying... (eventually I'll get that little independent boutqiue selling quirky dutch labels and unheard of japanese labels and... the unknown HK brands...)

I was working on outerwear, shirts/blouses and knitwear. Which was cute. But now I'm on denim and casual bottoms. Surprisingly, I've found it even more exciting with more directional shapes and washes coming into form. What an exciting brand / website to work for ;)

Key pieces for this s/s 09, gorgeeeeeous:

floral soft silky shorts - founded on a tokyo street style site
Susie from Style Bubble poses in her recent purchase - stunningly gorgeous sheer panel cross over jumpsuit. Jumpsuits are alllllllll the rage. Love them.

And what I've bought recently.....


this denim frill dress from topshop boutique:

a stunning sheer cage skirt which i cannot find on the topshop boutique website and woud take a photo if i could.. will try to asap....


and my gold sequin jeans which were a big hit at the supplier's xmas party ;)



ah.. i do love my new purchases..... but where do i find this money i need to head to florida this xmas?

yes, i'm heading to florida to spend xmas and new years. hope to find some fantastic emerging new labels while i'm there... anyone to recommend?

x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh you'll find many many unheard of (In the UK) brands in Florida.. I'll say especially if you go to Miami, since everything is a catwalk there. Try the retail outlets off the highways as well rather than just the ones in the shopping centres.

How long are you there for?