Monday, 31 March 2008

Cycle me Home

Hallo!! from.. Berlin

I'm flying back tonight, had a lovely weekend away and discovered some wonderful little boutiques to rival those back in London. I will post about that in more detail when I'm home so I can upload the photos and report on my findings and amazing buys...!

I just wanted to post up how I have this overwhelming urge to get a retro bicycle. It's all the rage now isn't it... well, bicycles have always had a strong presence amongst our European counterparts but I'm loving the retro bicycles even more so after my visit to the flea market yesterday. I saw a man riding a retro-cycle with a basket at the back with his little dog sat in the basket... I'd like a bicycle with curved handles and a pretty basket.

But speaking of bicycles.. has anyone seen the Chanel bicycles costing around £6200??Well that's what you pay for quilted leather and the double-C logo.

Neon-coloured bikes (dotted around NY) were the latest guerilla marketing technique used by DKNY during New York fashion week, accompanied by handouts of bike maps. Clever way to promote eco-travel and the NY brand.

Next blog up soon with my fabulous buys from the German capital...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome back!!!! Can't wait to see the pictures!!!!


Kit
The Fashion Assistant and her Camera