Tuesday, 21 August 2007

Patricia Field for ASOS

I was very excited to hear about the stylist collaborating with Asos.com to launch her own collection but having seen the collection online.... I was very disappointed.


For example this 'blouson logo hoody top' by Patricia Field @ asos.com is priced at £40 but very much looks like something available at New Look.



This 'target detail puffball' top is less than desirable... it claims to be 100% silk justifying the £50 price but ..... even though the puffball top has its 'eccentric' target on the side, I feel the collection lacks that serious eccentricity and individuality I'd expect from Patricia Field, costume designer on the SATC set.


Something from Lipsy, Select or New Look perhaps? Nope, Patricia Field for ASOS.

There is absolutely no doubt that I, like many other SATC fans adored many of the 'costumes' worn by the cast - but this collection for asos.com leaves much to be desired. The SATC costumes were usually either classic or fashion-forward, never really current. And that's what I liked about it. Patricia Field for ASOS appears to be stuck in S/S '07... and I'm oh so tired of the look.

No comments: