Monday, 13 August 2007

Ankle boots - yay or nay?

Not a new fashion trend, no. Although some keep harping on about the newness of it. But for some reason I'm more drawn to the ankle boot this season more than ever before.

Before this new autumn/winter season I always dismissed ankle boots as unflattering, futile pieces - neither practical against the wind and rain and unforgiving for both skinny and fat calves and ankles.

But let's face it, I wouldn't say no to a pair of Louboutins (@ net-a-porter.com). I love the quirky, outrageousness of Louboutin in this pair. (But to be fair, I am bias, when would I ever say no to a pair of Louboutins):


And for some reason, these Marc by Marc Jacob boots are looking fresh with this outfit styled by net-a-porter :



I love ruffles, so on ankle boots it adds that bit of personality to it, Marc by Marc Jacobs Ruffle-top ankle boot @ net-a-porter.com:But these Emilio Pucci Scallop edged ankle boots have come up trumps above the rest on net-a-porter:



For the high street, this ruched ankle boot £75 @ Topshop is on the to-be-considered-shopping-list, though they do look very kate/sienna @ glastonbury inspired which really hesitates me....


This gets away with titilating my taste buds only because I see a hint of brogue (£65 @ Office):


But can ankle boots really be worn with dresses? I would've quite happily exclaimed 'no!' a year ago but.... the response has now reverted to a 'to be confirmed'... I think a trip to the shops is in order to confirm my opinion.

Just an after-thought, an example of how not to wear the trend:



Your thoughts welcome. :)

No comments: