Sunday, 25 January 2009

oh sandra....! !


Sandra Buckland has been storming all the most elite of fashion mags from surface, i-D to Vogue Japan with her wonderful directional knit pieces...

I absolutely <3 wonderfully abstract and voluminous knitwear, anyone who knows me, will know this. I am never satisfied by figure hugging knitwear and basic styles, i need layers. i need shapes. i need innovative design. i need fearless design.
and this is what sandra buckland offers.

I know we should all be past a/w 08 - as we are waiting with baited breath for a/w 09 collections (i am still reeling as it looks unlikely i can purchase that vip package for LFWeekend!!!) but i feel i must must must feature these excruciatingly, intricately, gorgeous pieces from buckland's archive:



There has been much thought in my head about opening my own boutique... and i'm still in strategy-thought-processes, this is one designer i would proudly stock.

See more at: http://www.sandrabacklund.com/

3 comments:

Jojo said...

I agree the clothes are crafted so intricately it makes me dream of owning one of her pieces....

Love the blog. I'm new to the world of fashion blogging so check me out at josclothes.blogspot.com

xxxxxx jo

Nemerae said...

I absolutely love all these knitwear clothes... wonderful
xx

Anonymous said...

I totally agree, someone is going to have to drag me away from all my chunky knits i love them! It's all about the volume, and tbh... it's keeping me warm in freezing London weather!

Nicky

Fashbashsoundclash