Friday, 19 October 2007

Final Year begins...

My final year has begun, hence my quiet period blogging, settling into Nottingham and getting my working head back into gear. (Much easier said than done.)


Getting my head round my final year decisions was tough.


I've opted for L'Oreal Brandstorm to be my core project for my final year marketing dissertation. The competition reaches international level and gains widespread news coverage. My university won the first and second prize two years ago and I know, since then, a number of students have been offered employment.


I was hesitant in selecting this as my final year core project choice as branding has never been my strong point. I usually achieve average grade which made me anxious as to my end degree result as my degree relies 100% on my final year results. Instead of writing my own proposal, I've chosen for the L'Oreal experience instead. An experience that will be challenging and recognised as a great achievement if we get through to the national or better yet, international finals. If I do achieve average grade for my dissertation I hope future potential employers will recognise this as an impressive opportunity I took a risk at in order to further my experience, skills and knowledge.


Finally my design and visual culture dissertation will be based around the shift in gender ideology in the post-modern era and the blurring of gender boundaries.....



courtesy of The Facehunter.

No comments: